WaterLase iPlus Dublin, CA
The Waterlase iPlus™ can treat numerous dental issues, often better than traditional equipment. Due to its gentle nature, it is perfect for anxious patients.
Waterlase iPlus dental procedures are available from Sharma Dental Center in Dublin and the surrounding area. We use this system to treat a wide range of dental issues. In many cases, it helps us to provide better care than is possible with traditional equipment.
If you have a dental issue that needs to be addressed, do not wait to schedule an appointment. We will discuss all options with you, including whether the Waterlase iPlus can help with your dental needs. Call (925) 993-1121 today to learn more.
The Right Candidate for Waterlase iPlus
A Waterlase iPlus can be used on soft tissue, teeth, bones, crowns, and veneers. As such, a broad range of customers can benefit from being treated with the device. According to WebMD, laser dentistry is most likely to be used on patients with the following issues:
- Gum disease
- Oral lesions
- Tooth decay
- Tooth staining
Dentists sometimes choose the Waterlase iPlus because it offers a more comfortable patient experience compared to traditional tools. Some patients feel nervous around needles, drills, and scalpels. The quieter and less invasive nature of laser dentistry can help ease anxiety.
Both adults and children can be treated using a Waterlase iPlus. However, some circumstances may prevent a local procedure or may be better treated with traditional tools. The dentist will determine which method of treatment is likely to be successful.
“Both adults and children can be treated using a Waterlase iPlus.”
What To Expect During the Process
Most procedures are similar regardless of whether laser dentistry or traditional tools are being used. However, lasers produce less noise, can be used for multiple functions, and sterilize the area as they go. Therefore, the procedures can often be completed more quickly.
Many procedures can be completed within a single appointment. Others, especially cosmetic or complex procedures, may require multiple sessions. However, this is roughly in line with the same treatments provided with traditional tools.
“Most procedures are similar regardless of whether laser dentistry or traditional tools are being used.”
Benefits of Waterlase iPlus
The Waterlase iPlus can enhance a range of dental treatments. Sharma Dental Center will discuss when laser dentistry is beneficial. These are some advantages of laser-based dentistry over traditional tools, according to Healthline:
- Highly Precise: The laser beam's compactness makes it more precise than many traditional tools. This means that there is less damage to the surrounding tissue. Additionally, procedures are often quicker.
- Fast Healing: There is less damage, less bleeding, and a reduced need for sutures. This translates to wounds that heal more quickly.
- More Sterile: Lasers inherently sterilize the area while in use. This cuts the chance of infections. It can also simplify procedures.
“The laser beam’s compactness makes it more precise than many traditional tools.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: WaterLase iPlus in Dublin, CA
What to Expect During the Recovery Process
In most cases, the recovery process for the Waterlase iPlus is similar to that of an equivalent dental procedure with traditional tools. For example, patients may experience numbness for about a day after the procedure. After that, there may be some local tenderness or pain.
Any discomfort or pain can usually be treated with over-the-counter painkillers. However, Sharma Dental Center will provide in-depth information about recovery and pain management. A prescription may be necessary.
As with all dental procedures, good hygiene during the recovery period is important. Patients must also be careful to protect the area, especially if sutures were necessary. A follow-up appointment may be required to remove sutures, depending on the type used.
“The recovery process for the Waterlase iPlus is similar to that of an equivalent dental procedure with traditional tools.”
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Comparison to Other Forms of Laser Dentistry
The Waterlase iPlus is an all-tissue dental laser. Many other lasers are designed only for soft tissue or hard tissue. Therefore, the Waterlase iPlus can be used for more procedures and in a more comprehensive manner.
It has been cleared for more than 80 different dental conditions. The functionality includes a unique REPAIR™ protocol. This can allow dentists more options when treating common dental issues.
Biolase, the manufacturer of the Waterlase iPlus, is a recognized leader in dental lasers. They designed the Waterlase iPlus based on experience and feedback to offer more options and greater patient comfort -- making it a good choice for patients interested in laser dentistry.
“…the Waterlase iPlus can be used for more procedures and in a more comprehensive manner.”
Q. Are there added risks with laser dentistry?
A. No, the risks for laser dentistry are relatively small. They are roughly equivalent to those of traditional tools. In some cases, the risk of infection is reduced when using a laser.
Q. Can I request laser dentistry for any procedure?
A. Sharma Dental Center only recommends laser dentistry when appropriate. Consult with one of our team members to determine if laser dentistry is an option for a specific treatment.
Q. Are there any patients that should not receive Waterlase iPlus treatment?
A. According to Biolase, all clinical procedures with the Waterlase iPlus should be subject to the same clinical judgment as traditional techniques. Some patients may not be able to receive a local procedure. Sharma Dental Center will determine the best course of action for your unique situation.
Q. Can anyone provide laser dentistry?
A. Laser dentistry is becoming an increasingly popular treatment option. However, only dental professionals who are qualified for laser dentistry should provide such procedures.
Q. How much does dental treatment with Waterlase iPlus cost?
A. Typically, dental insurance covers procedures based on the treatment, not the technique. Therefore, treatment with the Waterlase iPlus will often be covered equal to traditional tools. Speak to your insurance representative to learn more.
- BIOLASE is a company that specializes in developing, manufacturing and marketing numerous forms of medical lasers for dentistry.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Early Peri-Implantitis
- Early peri-Implantitis is a condition in which the tissue around a dental implant becomes inflamed and causes marginal bone loss in the patient’s mouth.
- Minimally Invasive Dentistry
- Also known as microdentistry, minimally invasive dentistry is to conserve as much of the healthy tooth structure with a focus on prevention and restoration.
- Subgingival Calculus
- Subgingival calculus is hardened dental plaque that forms under the gum line and can lead to infection or other diseases.
Learn More About Waterlase iPlus Today
Interested in laser dentistry? We at Sharma Dental Center can answer all your questions. Call 925-993-1121 today to schedule an appointment and see if the Waterlase iPlus is right for you.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2022
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2022
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2022
About our business, license, and website security
- Sharma Dental Center was established in 2017.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Alameda County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore, San Ramon, Dougherty, Verona, Ulmar, Tassajara, and Asco
- CA (License #63140). View License Information and Specifics
- National Provider Identifier Database (1346222437). View NPI Registry Information
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of WaterLase iPlus
Getting veneers is a quick way to revitalize your teeth. These dental restorations can improve your appearance. This results in a higher level of self-esteem. You can learn more about these restorations with the help of your dentist. Here are some questions that you can ask during your consultation before getting your veneers.Most individuals do…
If you are in need of a tooth extraction, you may be wondering how long it will take to heal from this procedure. Let's discuss the various reasons for having a tooth extracted, the extraction process itself, and the healing process.There are a variety of reasons why someone would need a tooth extraction. A tooth…
Considering Invisalign® for teeth straightening needs? With the help of a general dentist, anyone needing to have crooked or crowded teeth corrected can undergo Invisalign® treatment. This method of teeth straightening is one that offers convenience and ease throughout the process. Keep reading to find out more!Below is a quick overview of Invisalign® and how it can…
Cosmetic dentistry uses both art and science in its many treatments. It focuses on enhancing your oral health, as well as your appearance. The advancements in this field help you achieve your smile goals. Here are the details on how cosmetic dentistry can improve your smile.Each implant provides a tooth replacement that can blend well…
Explore additional topics covered on our website:
Call Us Today
Scan here to call Sharma Dental Center on mobile